Friday, March 25, 2011

12 Months!!

Well, it happened...the babies turned O-N-E! We had such a wonderful day and I enjoyed thinking about all of our happy memories we made this first year! The year went by SOOO fast...although I guess I must say it feels like I haven't slept in five years...haha! Thinking back having twins for a year is nothing like I thought it would be when I was pregnant...of course I would say being a mother is nothing like I thought either. Nothing can prepare you until you experience it yourself.  I knew it would be difficult but I didn't know specifics and I had no idea what kind of personalities the babies would have! Not only am I a first time Mom but a first time Mom of twins! Having two at the same time, same age is the best experience! Yes, it is difficult but on March 10, 2010 my heart DOUBLED in size! Having twins- twice the love, twice the fun, twice the attachment, twice the bottles, twice the diaper changes, twice the rocking (I rock them both before each nap and bedtime), twice the worries, and four times the sleep deprivation- haha! I remember one day when we went to church a few months ago there was a couple in the "cry room" with us that had 10 month old twins. The Dad looked at us after the service and said, "yeah they say twice the lack of sleep but it's more like 4 times the lack of sleep!" After the Dad said that I thought to myself, "oh well I'm sure it's much better at 10 months old (Parker & Presley were probably 6 months at the time.) Haha, well he was right! :) I also remember back in May I was counting months and thinking- OK, they should be sleeping through the night by August...pshhh yeah right! ;) Nothing could have prepared me for the love and happiness these babies would bring Eric & I! The love continues to grow everyday! Here are some notes about what they are up to these days:

Presley:
* Your smile is like a ray of sunshine! You are the sweetest, happiest little girl! You love to randomly giggle all day long! You even laugh when just sitting by yourself! :) I love seeing you so happy!
* You are cautious. You are very curious about things but often shy away from actually going after it. I think you probably get this from me, I've been known to be a scardy cat. :)
* You love to dance! Anytime music plays you start bouncing.
* You are so gentle.
* You listen when I say your name and say no! I'm so impressed by this. :) I think you can tell by my tone of voice that it isn't something you should do. At first I thought you would just stop because I caught your attention but then I noticed that you completely stop and moving away from whatever it is and don't go back to it. Such a good girl!! Now, if you can rub off on your brother. :)
* Love to swing!
* Love your blankie! I love that it smells like you. :) You love to suck on one particular part.
* Sit and eat so patiently! I love that you just wait your turn (unless your starved of course) and just kick your little feet.
* Still sometimes have tummy trouble. You've been feeling much better since we started giving you Miralax everyday but still occasionally have a bad tummy ache. :(
* Love to use your brother to pull up and would love to hold onto his back and walk around using him as a walker- he doesn't always like you squeezing his back though! You just giggle and have the best time holding onto him. :)
* Excellent balance and you will be walking any day. You are cruising around holding onto things. You can stand by yourself but you often get scared when you realize you aren't holding anything.
* 4 teeth! Two on the bottom and your top two are just poking out. I can see them when you tilt your head back. :)


Parker:
* You are really turning into a little toddler boy! You are always on the go and getting into E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. =) I love listening to your happy hands slapping on the floor as you excitedly crawl after something!
* Still as ticklish as ever! I love that laugh!!
* As I've said in every monthly post, you are so happy and laid back. However, lately you've been a little more persistent and vocal about getting what you want!
* You really hate being in your high chair to eat. I have to distract you in different ways the entire time and cram as much down as you'll let me. :)
* Love wheels! You will find a wheel in an instant! You love to test them out and spin tires! You'd sit at the stroller and play with the wheels for an hour if I let you. Too bad those tires are dirty. ;)
* The sweetest cuddler. I love you sleeping with your head on my shoulder.
* Determined. When you are getting into something and I say your name and say no- you simply flash your smile and continue. :) When I go remove you from whatever it is you kick your legs and grunt at me unhappily. You usually try to go right back to it until I find you something else that you like.
* Love to pull open doors and then swing them back and forth. I love watching your little hands grip a door that is almost all the way closed and you somehow get it all the way open. :)
* You are still so tall! I'll find out how tall at your appointment Monday!
* Excellent balance. You show no fear and are also cruising around now. You took a couple of steps from the high chair to the dining room chair but I think it's considered more of cruising since the two chairs were so close. :)
* You are so difficult to diaper change these days! You are constantly moving and trying to roll over. Phew it's tough!
* Your eyes are still a very unique color of gray, brown, green! Love those big eyes!
* Poor little guy- you've been having a rough teething time the last couple weeks. Four teeth coming in on top at once. Luckily, one is all the way through and another is starting to poke out so hopefully you'll be feeling some relief soon. So, you currently have 3 teeth- 2 bottom and one on top.
You two are the sweetest, happiest little peas in a pod! We love you more than anything!

* I took 12 month pictures of the babies this week! I'll post more soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment