Saturday, January 23, 2010

25 Weeks

Well, we've made it another week! :) I went to see Dr.Robbins (OB) on Thursday. I had my glucose test and another fetal fibronectin (tells the chance of labor) swab test. I dread the fetal fibronectin test every time because it really hurts! I should find out the results of both those test on Monday. The doctor also decided it is time for me to take off work. I will not be returning until after maternity leave. The good news for now is that I am not on complete restricted bedrest. I can still do a little walking around the house...just can't stand for too long. I had mixed feelings about the decision- relief that I can stay home and rest to grow the babies, depressed that my life is now completely different, and sad about leaving my class. There was still so much I wanted to accomplish before leaving my students. At the same time though I know there is no way I would have felt comfortable going back. I would have worried about the babies ALL DAY. I think I will feel better next week when the long term sub arrives to take over. Yesterday, my friend Jennifer took me up to school in my wheel chair so I could tell my class in person. I was worried it would be a really emotional experience for me since I always cry on the last day of school. But, my class this year is so different. They were being so silly the entire time I was talking with them that there were no tears just laughing. :)

My belly is getting bigger and bigger by the day. I can't imagine what it's going to look like in 10 more weeks. Phew, it's heavy enough already! :) Also, the babies movements are so much stronger. I think I can actually feel their heads or butts on the outside of my stomach. I'm thinking they've got to be snuggled up together in there. There is so much movement all over I have no clue how the babies are positioned. I wish I had x-ray vision to see! It drives me crazy not knowing because I want to make sure I'm feeling both of them.

Jennifer took this picture of me after we got back from visiting my school. It was the first day I was dressed normally in a week and a half...I figured I better get a picture. :)



Eric is going to wheel me out to the movies later today. We are going to see Avatar AGAIN. :) Oh and are you curious about Eric's new workout?!? Why what else would it be besides pushing me around the trails at the park by our house. haha! It seriously is a workout pushing me and the two babies around...especially when he's going uphill. I hope the weather is nice again next week so we can take some strolls.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! You look so cute and I love you hair! Can't wait to see you at the shower :)

    ReplyDelete