Thursday, July 29, 2010

Changes!

We have had some changes going on around here lately! First off, poor baby Parker. :( Tuesday around noon he had a very poopy/bloody diaper. The poor guy has had traces of blood before and we mentioned it to the pediatrician last week and he wasn't concerned at all. But, I was very concerned with the amount of blood in this diaper on Tuesday. I called the nurse and they told me to come in and bring the diaper. I was hoping that it would turn out to not be blood and just be rust colored poop. :/ But, they tested it and it was positive for blood. So, the doctor recommended Alimentum formula (hypoallergenic) for Parker too (Presley is on this formula.) We started feeding it to Parker right away when I got home that afternoon and the poor little guy hated it. Alimentum is very stinky and I imagine a big change in taste from breast milk. Well, Tuesday night was awful...Parker wouldn't eat it and he would just cry and squirm. It was horrible. Wednesday I decided to try the breast milk one more time. I read online a list of symptoms that babies with milk allergies usually have and Parker didn't have any of them. I also didn't understand how after 4 1/2 months he could suddenly be allergic. He did great at first back on breast milk until Thursday (today) early morning. He had a few spots of blood in his diaper...so back to the Alimentum for good. I hope his body adjusts to the formula quickly. The poor guy was having diarrhea when he was eating the Alimentum...which I'm sure is because of his body adjusting. I'm hoping he will be feeling great by tonight. The Alimentum is so expensive but it's worth it if it helps both babies! Thankfully my Mom (Nana) found a deal on Amazon for Alimentum too. Nana and Papa offered to buy one case of 6 cans per month and Eric and I are doing the same. You can't beat Amazon free shipping and instead of $26 a can it works out to be $21 a can. A can will last us about 2 1/2 days now that Parker is eating it too. Phew, I think pretty soon I'll be able to say million dollar babies if you count their NICU bill. Ha!

The other change in our house is trying to wean off the Nap Nanny. The Nap Nanny was recently recalled because of a 4 month old baby's death. The model Nap Nanny we have isn't the model being recalled but it still worries me a little. I figured it's a good time to try and get the babies used to laying flat. I'm starting out with the babies napping during the day flat in their crib. They usually wake up when I lay them down but I can usually shhh them back to sleep. Presley goes back to sleep a little easier than Parker.

Here's a picture of sweet Presley sleeping in her crib flat during a day nap
I don't have a picture of sweet Parker sleeping in his crib..I learned my lesson when the flash almost woke up Presley. haha! But, I did get a sweet picture of Parker after I laid him on his side in his bassinet awhile back.


All these changes have been keeping me quite busy. I'm working really hard to get the babies on a schedule. So far things are going well but it's crazy how the tiniest change in their routine throws them off! Eric and I are trying hard to keep things the exact same when we lay the babies down. I read a lot about the importance of routine...hope that will help soon. =) They are getting better sleeping at night- we're up to 6 hours! woohoo!

I'd say this little guy is starting to feel better- I started this post this morning and it is now almost 5.
And here is a picture of Presley (don't be confused by the blue bouncer..haha) cuddling her giraffe

That's all for now! =)

1 comment:

  1. Heather, Parker and Presley are so stinkin' cute! I hope that Parker begins to take the Alimentum formula well in the near future...

    ReplyDelete