Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Vacation {Part 1}

We had the worst luck just before we left for vacation. I got a stomach bug and did not feel up to packing...I was so disappointed and worried for our trip! I just knew that during our trip the babes would be struck with awful sickness, but thankfully they stayed healthy! The evening before we left I was feeling better and able to finish packing us up.
Here they are so anxious and excited for vacation! I looked equally as excited as Parker does here for 1/2 the drive. ha!
 Parker continued to be excited the first oh 2.5 hours talking about every single thing he saw on the road. I joked that poor Presley was never going to catch a break- sweet girl was trying to take a nap but Parker kept shouting about everything he saw, he's a talker. :)
 Eventually, they napped :)
 Oh it was so great to see this when we got there! A beautiful day!


Typical, a picture of Parker's back...he's always on the go :)
 More of Parker's back as I chased. :)
 Presley loved collecting sea shells on the beach with Daddy!
 Turns out this go around Parker's terrified of the ocean. He prefered to spend his time digging/running and did not want to spend any time in the water.


 The best welcome gift- an already dug hole in the sand. We set up near this hole every day for Parker to play in. :)




 We were all worn out from the day of travel and beach fun!
 However there was way too much to explore in the condo for P & P. Yikes. They rotated between emptying the fridge, changing the AC temp, turning lights on and off- I could go on and on. Eric and I just laughed..it was so ridiculous it was funny. :)
   
The next morning while drinking our coffee on the balcony I had just finished saying to Eric (sarcasm tone) "pshh someone said they saw dolphins off this balcony in a review, yeah right" literally two minutes later Eric goes- "HEY are those dolphins?" ha! It was amazing to watch a group of about 10 dolphins swim and play! They were hard to catch on camera but you can see a few fins in the pics below.

We started out on the beach for day 2 but it turned out to be a rainy day so we headed to some museums instead.
 We went to Moody Gardens and went through the Rainforest Pyramid





 After their nap we headed to the Flight Museum and then dinner on the Sea Wall

 We let them pick toys in the gift shop-Parker picked an awesome airplane and Presley- two army duckies of course. :)

 He played with his new airplane during dinner :)

 While Presley colored  and sorted the condiments

 We ended our day watching the sun go down on the balcony. :)
More vacation coming soon...


1 comment: