Here are there stats from today:
Presley is 14lbs 3 oz and 25 inches long.
Parker is15 lbs 7 oz and 26 and 3/4 inches long.
Those stats differ from the ECI lady last week...so one of them is a little off. Although, with ECI they had their clothes on when weighed and today they did not.
The doctor said they are doing/looking great! Here's what I learned at the doctor:
We can begin cereal and then food now that the babies are 4 months corrected age! We will be starting cereal hopefully tomorrow once we get the highchairs out ...I figure they've been through enough today anyway. :)
Parker's head shape is good. PHEWWWW! Eric and I were so worried we were going to have to get one of those helmets to correct it. When he was in the NICU they always let him lay his head on the right side...so when he came home he would NOT let us turn his head the other way. We tried everything to get him to face the left. He gradually got better about it and now lays both ways or on his tummy.
I talked with him about the babies being scared of people other than Mommy and Daddy...he was already aware of this seeing how they both cried when the nurses touched them and I'm pretty sure their cries were heard miles and miles away! The doctor said it sounded like they were tag teaming it! He assured me it is completely normal and he said it means they are smart because they are so aware and alert. :) I asked him what to do when they get so upset like that and he said to start Eric and I need to introduce them to people VERY slowly and he also said if they start to get upset we should take them back before they too upset. It makes me so sad that they get so scared....but I know it's something they'll grow out of. I was impressed with Dr. McCoy's distraction skills today. He distracted them with a toy and they barely noticed him or the things he was doing to them.
He said they are eating plenty of formula. We were worried they weren't eating enough because it seems most babies eat much more than 4 oz at a time. I guess Parker and Presley just like smaller portions but end up with the right total in the end. :)
Those are the main things I learned from the doctor today. Here are the sweet angels after their appointment :)
Presley had just opened her eyes and Parker was still out
Sweet little guy
He only woke up to eat
No comments:
Post a Comment