Monday, October 20, 2014

Museum School!

This summer I was brainstorming an activity for p&p to do one extra day a week to help get them ready for kinder next year. I'm so glad that Museum School at the Museum of Science and History had two openings on Mondays! Perfect for our schedule! We love, love, love this school! The first day of school was a meet the teacher and then an orientation for parents while the kids got familiar with the class. After that first day of museum school Parker was set that he only wanted to go to museum school (and probably every single day if he could!) :) I can't say enough wonderful things about ALL of the staff that works here, the activities for the kids, and the things they are learning. I wish they had gone to Museum School last year and I can say that Pryce will definitely be going when he's older. :) The staff is so warm, friendly, and welcoming. P&p both run right in and never look back at me (not quite the same for Parker at pre-k, he dreads it) :(
Here's a look at their first few weeks in museum school-
Every week they have different love animals in the classroom that relate to what they are learning each week. Presley was in heaven! Parker loved it too and was also highly entertained at their awesome sand table. :) Hands on & live animals- love it.





Ready for a fun year!


Kangaroo rat


I love the projects they do each week!


Every week the bulletin board outside the door describes what they will be learning that day. Also the teachers e-mail after each class time explaining what was learned in class and they give us questions to ask the kids. :) This they learned about the Solar System so they took a trip to the museum planetarium- they loved it! Pretty sure Parker was patiently waiting for the Star Wars action to happen ;) I keep telling him Star Wars is a movie but he isn't convinced ;)


Mondays are also fun for Pryce & I :) While they are at museum school Pryce & I meet up with my friend Laura & her baby Emmy. We usually end up running errands together & when we have time also eating breakfast at the best place she introduced me to!
Here are Pryce & Emmy at Laura's house :) (she lives right in the area down the street from TCU)



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment