Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Learning About Twins

Since I found out we are having twins the pregnancy books I had been reading didn't appeal to me as much. I really wanted a book designed for twins. There isn't a lot of information that I can find online that gives advice or information about twins. I've found a few sites but there just isn't as much discussion. So, I searched on amazon.com and found two books I have fallen in love with. One of them is called Ready or Not...Here We Come! The other is called Twinspiration. They both are written by mothers of twins. Ready or Not...Here We Come is written about the first year with twins. Twinspiration includes pregnancy and the first year. It's great to hear from moms who have twins.

One of my favorite parts that meant a lot to me from Ready or Not...Here We Come is when she said this- "I think moms of twins are told too often how hard their journey will be. I mean, of course it will be hard- but some days picking up one's dry cleaning is hard. The difference is that this experience will be the most rewarding kind of "hard" you will ever experience." She says, "You will discover parts of your brain and parts of your heart that you never knew existed."

Yep, this book is definitely making me cry. :) The few sentences I have included are just a few of the meaningful parts in this book. One of her purposes for writing her book was not to sugar coat things but to say this is how it is and here is something you can try to make it easier. I love that!

I've included the covers of the books below and also a few baby belly pictures...



This is me at 11 weeks (before I knew we had twins and was a little worried that I already had a belly.)

Here I am at 14 weeks- you can't tell a whole lot in these pictures but my hair has grown SO much! :)

2 comments:

  1. Look how cute you look! I love your little outfit and your TINY baby bump. The part from the book that you wrote is so true. Don't listen to negative comments because you are so lucky to be able to experience double the love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for baby bumps! mine is not so much a bump anymore!

    ReplyDelete