Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 15

For 2 more days I am 15 weeks! I had my first doctors appointment today since we found out twins. I was SOOO happy the nurse used the doppler heartbeat monitor so I could hear their heartbeats. The baby on the right had a heartbeat of 145 beats per minute and the baby on the left had a heartbeat of 154 beats per minute. The doctor said those are both healthy. :) There heartbeats were such a beautiful sound to me! I was amazed the nurse knew exactly where they are situated- one on the left and one on the right! I was also amazed at how low they are! While sitting in the room waiting for the doctor (for about an hour) I spent most of my time looking down at my belly going, "hmmm...if they are way down there... why is my stomach sticking out all the way up here?" Then it crossed my mind that maybe that is all fat! haha! eek! My questions in my mind about my stomach were answered when the doctor examined my stomach and said, "your uterus is all the way up here." She said if I had one baby my uterus would be half the size. I can't imagine it being able to go any higher but I know it will! She also is going to be calling to set up my specialist appointment for my next sonogram...which is a BIG one- boys, girls, or one of each! The sonogram will be in 3 weeks! I can't wait! Just in time for me to buy some Christmas gifts for these babies!

I've been feeling good this week! Last week was a different story! I'm so glad that's over with for now! Just trying to drink tons, tons, and tons of water! It's like my body can't get enough!

Here is what is happening this week with the babies and an almost 16 week picture of me :)

Baby's now the size of a naval orange!
Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb.


15 weeks 5 days

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Your bump is growing :) You look sooo pretty! I can't wait to find out what you're having. It's by the far the best appt yet!

    ReplyDelete