Sunday, November 1, 2009

TWINS!!

Tuesday, October 20th was a day we had been anxiously awaiting for weeks! It was our 2nd appointment with our doctor and FIRST sonogram! I was a little disappointed we didn't have a sonogram at our first appointment...but now I realize it may have been for a reason...maybe God didn't want me (or Eric) to go into shock just yet. ;) Eric was able to leave work and meet me for our 10:30 appointment. I was REALLY nervous and anxious, terrified the sonogram might reveal a problem. Eric could definitely tell I was nervous by my constant chatter with him in the waiting room... and oh did he have to listen to me for awhile (our doctor was an hour and a half behind!) Once we finally made it to the sonogram room I was beyond nervous! It never fails that I do the weirdest things when I'm nervous! I had the sheet wrapped around me so tight the nurse said I had a nice toga! ha! It was only a minute later that we saw our precious baby on the sonogram screen! It was truly amazing to see the sweet baby laying there! I looked down at my stomach in disbelief! We spent several minutes looking at our baby while the doctor took measurements and let us hear the heartbeat- 162 bpm. Then our doctor was looking around for awhile which was a little uncomfortable for me. The next thing I knew I heard her say, "there's your other baby...you have two." I immediately checked the screen which looked the exact same as it had a minute ago...so I said, "No, you're kidding?!?" Once I realized she wasn't kidding I immediately turned my face to Eric for fear of his reaction! He was in disbelief at first but had the biggest smile on his face! I even said to the doctor, "well, how did that happen?" She took me seriously, and explained the two ways twins are created! The second baby was very active! His/her little arms and legs were moving very fast! I immediately thought...BOY! haha! The second babies heartbeat was 172 bpm...which seems very high! Although, he/she was obviously in the middle of aerobics! =) Once she went back to the first baby he/she also started to move around. I wondered if they could feel the doctor's sonogram equipment poking and prodding around. I don't remember a lot that happened after that...probably the shock! =) Eric and I could't wait to call our parents and share the news! I'm pretty sure they were as shocked as we were! Eric and I are very excited to have two babies to love! We feel we are twice blessed! We are also thankful that we have such wonderful families to support/help us!

Both babies-



The first baby


First baby again


Second baby


Second baby- you can tell his/her hands and feet are active! =)


In other news- this week I am 13 weeks (well for a few more days!) This week our babies our the size of peaches! Still can't believe there are two in me! The fact that there are two does explain why I felt I was showing too early! There were a few days I was depressed because most people said they started showing at around 18 weeks. My tummy started to change at around 10 and 11 weeks. Now I know why! =)

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys! I loved getting to hear the full story....how amazing! I can't wait to meet the little ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you find out what you're having?

    ReplyDelete